Friday, August 5, 2016

J U L Y

This month the bus ministry started up again which means lots and lots of kids. Not just kids, but students from the 6 schools that PFM teaches in. Kids Club has been super fun with all of our students. It is awesome to be able to see them more than just in the classroom, but at the center for club. The kids eat, play, sing, dance, and hear the word of God every Wednesday.
The property is also more full because the second week of July, IGNITE class 11 arrived! It has been cool getting to know them and see them learning. It is the first time I am not an RA for a class because I am living off property. So it is a whole different way of getting to know the interns, but it has been a blessing already. Keep them in prayer as they continue to this time of training.
To be honest, moving out has not been all that I expected. Some good, some bad. Over all, its been a huge growing experience and I am so thankful for this season. I've been struggling with what God wants me to do! There are a dozen things that I can try and do and start, but I want it to be the Lord. I have 3 months left here this year, and if I start something, I can't just leave it. So I have been praying and asking the Lord what He would have me to do. And through the prompting of the Spirit, other people, and the word of God, I've been doing a small bible study with the 4 girls who are on the field right now. We are going through the book of Ephesians together and it has been really cool. God often takes us out of our comfort zones, and I am definitely out of mine. But the coolest part to me is how me meeting with them and wanting to disciple them was an answer to their prayers! They actually were praying for someone to spend time with and glean from. How crazy is that? It's not that I am anything, it's all God's grace. If He wants to use me in this way, I am learning to just say, "yes." I am really excited to get to know these girls more and glean from the word of God together. 
In July, we had the opportunity of collaborating with 3 other churches and go on Calvary Chapel Antigua's first youth retreat!!! It was a blast! I helped cook food for 100 people all weekend. It was tiring, but such a blessing. The theme was, "el precio correcto" which means, "the right price." The verse was 1 Timothy 4:12 which says, "Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity." In Spanish, the word "despise" comes from a word that means give a lower price or value, so that's where the theme comes from. There were a number of sessions on each aspect of the verse. I didn't get to sit in all of them (cooking for 100 people takes some time haha), but what I did hear was super encouraging and I know the kids were all really enjoying the lessons and learning a lot. One I did hear was on "spirit" and this verse isn't just talking about any spirit, but the Holy Spirit Himself. God had been bringing this up weeks beforehand, and He was showing me the necessity of being filled with the Spirit. And isn't that cool? We can be an example to others by being filled with the Spirit. It is the Spirit who does the work in us, and it shines through and encourages others to live a life filled with the Spirit! Being away for those 3 days was super tiring, but also a motivation. God showed me that there are youth who love Him, God is working in this next generation, and I get to be a part of it!
In the public schools, we just finished the 3rd quarter and are now entering into the last one! It is insane how fast time flies. These kids have grown so much- physically, mentally, and even spiritually! Please continue to pray as we finish out this school year together.
Every Thursday morning I spend about an hour at the local hospital volunteering in the children's ward. I play with the kids, sing songs with them, or help feed them bottles. It is always so great to go and spend time with them and pray with them. Not only do I feel the Lord giving me a burden for the kids, but also for the nurses who work there. It is cool getting to know them a little better and just show them they are appreciated.
Well, I think that's all for this month! God is good and I am so thankful that every month I can look back and see what HE did and look forward to what HE will do in the months to come!
Prayer requests:
- always, pray for the salvation of my students
- pray for my health, I've been a little sick lately
- pray for IGNITE class 11 as they continue learning and growing in training
- pray for the leaders in PFM

To God be the glory now & forever

Little Pre-K learning weather... that smile :D


More smiles from my students

Okay Monica, english class isn't that boring haha

after school

Waiting for the bus to come



The empty bus before kids fill the seats

kids club games

my students enjoying kids club 

the boys are crazies!

youth retreat

youth group girls
3 of 4 churches gathered together to pray before going to the retreat

mi amiguiiiiiii :)

girls bible study


studying the book of Ephesians 

outside of the hospital that we visit every week. it really is beautiful
This month i had the privilege of skyping in CC San Juan
for mission's night. It was so cool to be on screen with 4 other countries! 

No comments:

Post a Comment